Adoption & Rescue: Rescue & Foster Home Procedure
If you want to assist a dog in a homeless or dangerous situation, be sure to do the following:
1. VERIFY THE SOURCE: There are numerous types of internet hoaxes.
Do not simply forward a request for help. Before emailing the entire group, personally verify the source before emailing the group.
2. EMAIL THE DOG OWNERS GROUP only after you have cleaned up the email thread and removed the indentations and markup language that clutters a lengthy thread. In your email:
2A. ARTICULATE THE CALL TO ACTION: At the top of your email, make it clear
What is the immediate objective: a safehouse, a foster home or an adoption?
What will you do to address the problem?
What do you need group members to do?
Do not forward an unverified message and expect someone else to act.
2B. INCLUDE A PHOTO of the Dog In Need.
2C. INCLUDE A DESCRIPTION of the Dog In Need.
* Is he/she spayed or neutered?
* Approximate age?
* Level of Training?
* Good with other animals?
* Good with children?
* Cute habits?
* Special needs?
* Urgent deadlines?
2D. INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
3. FOLLOW-UP WITH THE GROUP AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK after sending your message and each week there after.
5. NOTIFY THE GROUP of the final result.